What Is A Licensed Home Child Care Agency
Licensed Home Child Care provides home-based early learning and care in a family setting. Home Child Care Providers are selected for their child care skills and their ability to provide children with a warm, inclusive, safe and stimulating environment.
The advantages of home child care include:
- care that is monitored on a regular basis
- providers who meet all Child Care and Early Years Act requirements and agency policies
- lower child to Provider ratio
- an informal and small group setting
- flexible child care hours
- proximity to your home, work or your child’s school
- stability and consistency of a close relationship with one adult
- competitive rates; receipts for child care fees
- third party liability insurance with the agency
- access to City of Ottawa child care subsidies
Potential Home Child Care Providers are screened through a comprehensive process and home assessment by a highly skilled Home Child Care Consultant.
In order to be considered, providers must submit:
- A criminal reference check for everyone in the home over 18 years of age
- Up-to-date immunization and health records for all family members
Providers also undergo an extensive home opening process which includes, but is not limited to: a home safety check; a review of policies and procedures; and an agreement to follow the Child Care and Early Years Act.
Upon completion of the home opening, Providers must agree to complete an initial First Aid/CPR training course and maintain ongoing certification.
Home Child Care Providers and children are visited regularly by a Consultant to ensure that the highest standards of child development, health, nutrition and safety are met. Providers are also offered ongoing professional development opportunities and have access to many resources such as equipment, a toy lending library, playgroups and special events.
Parents choosing licensed Home Child Care are able to access support and resources on child development related issues and, if eligible, services with Children’s Integration Support Services (CISS) for children who have special needs. For more information about CISS, please click here.
For more information about our services and placement process, please call us at 613-736-5355 or by email email@example.com.
For more information regarding Licensed Child Care Agencies, click here.
How to Apply
To apply for a licensed space we invite you to complete the City of Ottawa Child Care Registry and Wait List at https://onehsn.com/Ottawa
Subsidized spaces are available. Eligibility for subsidy is determined by the Child Care Subsidy Office of the City of Ottawa. Please use the above mentioned link to create your file.
The handbook is designed to assist parents in understanding the procedures, policies, and regulations involved with our program.
To go directly to a section of the handbook please click on the title in the index page.
Providers are required by the Ministry of Education to communicate what meals are being served to children in care. Please ensure that you tell your provider if your child has any dietary restrictions.