In order to gain access to CISS services, a child must be attending licensed child care and have demonstrated at least one of the following:
- a significant generalized cognitive delay
- a physical condition which carries substantial risk for prolonged delays in development
- a significant developmental delay in at least two of the following areas of development:
- expressive speech/communication
- receptive language
- fine motor
- gross motor
- an identifiable syndrome which is likely to have a significant detrimental effect on development and which carries a risk for later delays
Eligibility for CISS services is dependent upon verification from objective psychological and/or medical findings. The allocation of all CISS services is based on availability of funds and is provided in licensed child care programs.
Referrals can be made to CISS by families, referring agencies or licensed child care programs, with written parental consent. Please click here for more information regarding the referral process and forms.