Guide for Inclusive Collaboration (Forms/Policies)
***For Directors of Licensed Child Care Programs in the City of Ottawa***
Children’s Inclusion Support Services is excited to present the revised supervisor’s kit now called, “A Guide for Inclusive Collaboration with CISS”.
The intention is for you to readily access information to support effective communication between our programs regarding inclusion practices and policies. It is also meant for you to easily access forms as you plan for supported inclusion for each child being enrolled in your program. We appreciate the support that you will continue to provide for families who are completing forms as we move to this new format.
In the future, if for any reason a change or update in the guide is required, it will be completed on the website so that you will always have access to current policies, procedures, forms and so on. We recommend that you download what you need as you go.
To view a document, click on the title to open it in your browser.
To fill out a form, you can download it on your computer and complete it by using Adobe Acrobat Reader by clicking on the name of the form. Forms are identified with the. Once the form has been completed, you can save it or print it and then send it to us via e-mail, mail or fax. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
Terminology used throughout this guide:
The term “Director” will be used to refer to any person in a leadership role (e.g. Director, Manager, Supervisor, Coordinator or other).
The term “Child Care Program” refers to any Child Care Centre, Nursery School and/or Home Child Care Agency.
The term “Teaching Team” will be used to refer to any person working with the child, such as the Director, the Educators, the Home Child Care Consultant, the Home Child Care Provider or others.
Section 1 – Information Sheets
- Program Description
- What is Inclusion?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Referral Process
- Referral Information Form
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Supports Provided
- How CISS Support is Delivered
Section 2 – CISS Policies and Request Forms
- Policy – Reimbursement of Supply Teachers
- Invoice – Reimbursement of Supply Teachers
- Policy – Reimbursement of Provider’s Meeting Time
- Invoice – Reimbursement of Provider’s Meeting Time
- Library Policy and Procedures
- Library Membership Form
- Policy – Equipment Lending
- Policy – Purchasing Equipment on Behalf of Child Care Programs
- Policy – Child’s Age to Receive CISS Supports
- Policy and Procedures – Community Training
- Request Form – Training Sessions and Presentations
- Request Form – Module Training
- Request Form – Training Sessions for Medical Needs
Section 3 – Levels of Resource Consultant Support
Section 4 – Enhanced Staff Support Funding Information
- Policy – Enhanced Staff Support Funding
- Access – Enhanced Staff Support Funding
- Generic Program Assistant Job Description
- Fact Sheet – Enhanced Staff Support Funding
- Application – Preschool
- Application – School Age – Regular School Day, PD Days, School Holidays
- Application – Summer/Field Trips
- Process – Reimbursement of Enhanced Staff Support Funding
- Attendance Sheet – Program Assistant
Section 5 – Behaviour Consultation and Positive Outcomes Program
- Behaviour Consultation
- POP: Program Information and Process
- POP: Request Form
- POP: Parent/Guardian Consent