Licensed Home Child Care provides home-based early learning and care in a family setting. Providers are selected for their child care skills and their ability to provide children with a warm, inclusive, safe and stimulating environment.
- Care that is monitored on a regular basis
- Providers who meet all Child Care and Early Years Act requirements and agency policies
- Lower child to Provider ratio
- An informal and small group setting
- Flexible child care hours
- Proximity to your home, work or your child’s school
- Stability and consistency of a close relationship with one adult
- Competitive rates; receipts for child care fees
- Third party liability insurance with the agency
- Access to City of Ottawa child care subsidies
Parents choosing licensed Home Child Care are able to access support on many topics such as child development, community resources, and information & referral. Parents are also able to connect with a Consultant to discuss questions directly related to their child and/or their child care arrangement. Regular interactions and communication with a Consultant help foster a partnership that leads to a positive experience for your child.
Potential Providers are screened through a comprehensive process that includes a home assessment; a review of policies and procedures; and submitting documentation such as:
- A criminal reference check for everyone in the home over 18 years of age
- Up-to-date immunization and health records for all family members
- A valid certificate in Standard First Aid/CPR
As each home child care program is different, hours of care, menus, activities, routines and other aspects of the child care arrangement will vary therefore please ensure these are considered in your discussions when choosing a Provider.
If eligible, parents who have children diagnosed with special needs, can access Children’s Inclusion Support Services (CISS).
Do you have questions about the application process and program availability?
Connect with our Parent Navigator by phone at 613-736-5355 ext 295 or email them at email@example.com