Who We Are
Andrew Fleck Children's Services (AFCS), as it is now known, is one of the oldest and most diversified, multi-service early learning, child care and family support organizations in Ontario. It began its operation in 1911 as a not-for-profit organisation and was incorporated a in 1920 under the legal name of The Ottawa Day Nursery Inc. It later changed its name to Andrew Fleck Children’s Services in recognition of its benefactor Mrs. Andrew Fleck who donated the building at 195 George Street to the organization in 1932. In 1967, AFCS became a charity thus allowing it to issue income tax receipts to its generous donors.
Learn More about AFCS!
All Andrew Fleck programs share a philosophy that is supportive of the right of every child and family to expect and receive the highest quality of child care that we can offer. We are committed to providing a high quality, multicultural, inclusive, early learning program for all children, in a nurturing environment that is respectful of each individual child's needs.
Learn More about our Purpose and Core Values